Craft + Sew Kid Fun Recipes Home and Garden Tutorials Life

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Puffy Paint Snowman and Being Thankful

It's cold, Avery and I are bugging each other, and I realized that we need more craftiness in our lives. Since our move, arts and crafts have a taken a backseat in our daily routine. How could I let this happen?! I live and die by the glue gun! Not anymore, my friends, not anymore. This crafty lady is back in action. But let's not start off with a project too ambitious. Here's an easy one--a totes adorns fluffy, puffy snowman. And the best part? You make your own puffy paint! 

For the Puffy Paint you will need:
1 bottle of white school glue
1 bottle of foam shaving cream like Barbasol or the Dollar General brand as shown in the pic

and then...

Mix 1 part glue with 1 part shave cream.

That's it!


To Decorate:
Small paint brush
Construction Paper (for base as well as accessories)
Scissors
Raisins (eyes)
Pretzel sticks (arms)
Other ideas are mini-m&ms, candy corn, licorice strings, etc. Use your imagination! 


Your child's creation may well look like Frosty endured an icy typhoon. Avery's sure did. In her defense, she is two, and following directions is not really her thing. A four or a five year old could bust out some fabulous snowmen though! Give it a try; it really is fun at any age!

----------------------------------------------------------------
So what are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?


We have a lot to be thankful for and I'll bet you do to! Without going into too much detail, (don't want to drag this whole post down) this last year was incredibly trying for us as a family. I'm thankful that we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.


I'm thankful for our home. Grateful that we even have a home. It's beautiful and peaceful way out here and we're happy to be near family.


I'm so lucky to have these goobers in my life. They are completely hilarious, each with their own quirky weirdness that I adore! They get that from both of us.


Of course, we appreciate our friends. They're always nice to have around. ;-)


I'm so thankful for the good days, where we all seem to "mesh" just so.


We're lucky to have those chaotic days too. Makes me appreciate the awesome ones that much more.




Speaking of being thankful, I've been reading a lot about happiness lately and gratitude is key to being satisfied. Wanting what you have brings more happiness than having what you want. I am really working towards practicing gratitude in my daily life--something I also want to instill in my children. This gives me an idea for another post.


This Thanksgiving we have so much to be thankful for! We really, really do! 

---------------------------------

Random Instragram photo dump:
Find me on Instragram as Nurdyburdie.

Happy Thanksgiving!










No comments:

Post a Comment