Craft + Sew Kid Fun Recipes Home and Garden Tutorials Life

Friday, October 5, 2012

Controlled Chaos

My son apparently woke up some time in the middle of the night and peed in the bathroom trashcan. Of course, I hadn't put a new trash bag in it yet so clean up will also consist of soiled toilet paper rolls and facial cleansing pads. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood! I have a fairly consistent routine when it comes to keeping the house tidy. This means that when some unexpected chore pops up, it throws me off just enough to mess up my whole house! Ok, so pee in a wastebasket won't lead to house chaos but early appointments, a sick child or a missed school bus definitely will. Or anything on Friday, that's my deep cleaning day.

So here's my cleaning schedule. The key for me is the routine of it. I do my basic chores first thing in the morning, otherwise I'll forget. I try to do these everyday and with the addition of deep cleaning on Friday.

Morning
Start a load of laundry
Unload dishwasher
Sweep kitchen
Clean the litter box
Put up folded laundry

Noon
Switch laundry over/hang on the line

Night
Start dishwasher/wash dishes
Pick-up toys, shoes, etc.

Friday
Clean kitchen table and counters
Mop floors
Vacuum
Dust
Deep clean bathrooms
Change sheets
Change litter
Wash windows

We have recently moved to a smaller home and gotten rid of a lot of our stuff. This has made it so much less overwhelming to keep our spaces tidy. I recommend it to anyone thinking of downsizing.



No comments:

Post a Comment