Craft + Sew Kid Fun Recipes Home and Garden Tutorials Life

Friday, February 1, 2013

{Friday}

It's been incredibly quiet around here this week. We had a few days of glorious weather, followed by rain that brought with it high winds and bitter cold. The warm, sunny days were enough to inspire me to dust off the fabric stash and start some spring sewing. Every year I am ambitious enough to announce that Avery's entire warm-weather wardrobe will be handmade (by me) and every year I fail miserably. Hopefully, sharing on the blog will be enough of a motivator to actually get it done.

Speaking of the blog, I have been thinking a lot about where I'm going with this little writing/sharing adventure. From the beginning, I knew that I didn't want it consuming me and I wanted it to be real. I wanted to share  my craft and cooking adventures because they are part of who I am. However, I'm already starting to feel like my personality is getting lost in the creation. Moving forward, I want to try harder to change that. Not because I think anyone cares but because I want this place to be a living memory that I can come back to for a long, long time.


Like memories of cake pop strawberries for a little girl's special day. 


And a wee dude's idea of fun at bath time.


Or a princess dancing while her brother plays piano. <3

Have a great weekend!


1 comment: