Craft + Sew Kid Fun Recipes Home and Garden Tutorials Life

Monday, January 28, 2013

{Framed Fabric Art}


I have been racking my brain trying to come up with inexpensive art to fill the empty space above Avery's bed. I had four white picture frames sitting in an open box beside my sewing area and framed fabric art came to mind. They were so fun and easy to make and there was no method to them. I just picked fabric and pieced the different elements together as I went along. 


A happy, inspirational word was sewn onto each one. If your machine is not capable of stitching letters, try fabric transfers or stamps!


Add bits of lace trim for a touch of shabby chic.


This piece has rolled fabric flowers on a ric-rac vine. Presh.



Just go with it! This was such a relaxed and fun project and my daughter just adores them!

1 comment: