Craft + Sew Kid Fun Recipes Home and Garden Tutorials Life

Friday, December 10, 2010

Chocolate Covered Cranberry Goodness!


So um, when did it become December and why is it so cold? This Florida girl would like to return there as soon as humanly possible! I loathe standing in the cold wind trying to buckle babies, all of the sickies, the sun setting at 4:30...I especially dislike being stuck indoors with a stir crazy preschooler. My goal this winter is to do some sort of activity with Sawyer everyday and I will do my best to write about the cool ones!

Since we've been watching Christmas movies almost every night, I decided to try a twist on my favorite movie night treat and replace the chocolate-covered raisin with the chocolate-smothered cranberry!

       You will need:

  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
  • Bag of sweetened cranberries
  • Parchment paper
  • 1 very eager little helper



Melt chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. 


Have helper add cranberries and coat them with chocolate.


Fish out the coated cranberries, letting the excess drip off and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let them cool in the fridge for about half an hour. 


By this time your eager little helper will have mutated into this:


But you'll have a yummy, edible treat!


They would make a great gift too!


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment