Craft + Sew Kid Fun Recipes Home and Garden Tutorials Life

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rum Balls

Just like every year, I began this holiday season with grand visions of mountainous piles of yummy baked confections and just like every year, I failed! There's always next year I suppose. I did, however, manage to whip up these yummy rum balls that I have been craving since forever! If I had a house party to go to on New Year's Eve, I would be giving these bad boys as a hostess gift. 


Recipe:
1 cup toasted finely chopped walnuts
2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 cup rum

To toast walnuts: Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes.

Mix all of the ingredients together and form into balls. Dip in chocolate, powdered sugar, nuts, etc. 


The farther ahead you make these, the better they'll be. Kind of like good chili!

Have a wonderful Christmas,

No comments:

Post a Comment